We are excited to announce that TKKR partner Vildan Teske was selected as a 2018 Minnesota Lawyer Diversity and Inclusion Honoree for her efforts toward improving diversity and inclusion within the legal community and the legal profession. Ms. Teske is being recognized in part for her work as co-chair of the Minnesota Chapter of the Federal Bar Association Diversity Committee along with her co-chair, Danielle Mair of the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Minnesota Lawyer created the awards to honor “those in the legal profession that go above and beyond in their efforts to effectuate a more diverse and inclusionary community.” The selection criteria were:
- Contributions resulting in a significant impact on diversity and inclusion in the legal community
- Leadership in diversity initiatives within the firm or community
- Participating in newsworthy events in the legal community
- Legal Professionals implementing new and innovative techniques to solve the issues of today’s society and workplace.
- In-house counsel implementing significant diversity and inclusion initiatives within their organization
- Commendable cases in which diversity and inclusion have played a major role are also considered
The second annual event was held on October 3, 2018 at the Guthrie Theater in downtown Minneapolis.